Sunday, July 1, 2012

He's here!

David Daniel Kakela DeMartini
June 21, 2012 at 10:10pm
7lbs 10ozs at 19inches long

Well, after all the worrying about not making it to the hospital in time because I was at least 5cm dilated already it really worked out well. Luckily Thursday afternoon Doug had just gotten back from surfing and met Tucker and I at the park. We headed home and were working on some projects in the garage when my water broke around 6:30pm. Can I just say how glad I am that this didn't happen one hour earlier. It was practically perfect timing and I'm pretty sure that Heavenly Father was helping out with this one.

Doug starting running around gathering all the last minute stuff. We left Tucker with our neighbors, Randy and Lucille, until his babysitter got here to spend the night. He loves her so it was easy to leave him in good hands. We were headed to the hospital about 15 minutes later and made it in record time for us, I think only half hour. My contractions didn't really start until the end of the drive and when we got in there they were pretty quick to get me into a room and get things going. Contractions started really hurting a bit after we got there and after the IV and the antibiotics and being freezing and in serious pain and throwing up I finally got the blessed epidural for the last hour or so. I know, I'm a wimp, but seriously, it was oh so amazing. They gave me something to slow the contractions until the doctor got there because we were ready to go really quickly. They were trying to stall a bit to get more antibiotics into me, but he was not in the mood to wait. Doug was amazing and I really love him. The doctor got there a bit later and I started pushing for about half hour, felt his head coming out (way weird), watching Doug's face as it's happening (wish I had a picture of that), doc telling me to push harder and softer and finally he was here and they put him right on my chest.

He had so much hair! And was so chubby compared to Tuck and looks nothing at all like him. And luckily he acts nothing at all like him either! I was so afraid what this kid was going to bring but so far he is being pretty perfect and I can't help but love him in our family. I was so worried about Tucker being upset about the whole thing but he is doing great with it. He comes and snuggles the baby sometimes and is so cute when he'll go over to him and say 'hi baby'. He calls him Buster too. He wasn't so sure about him at the hospital but he is getting used to it. Can't wait til they can play together. So glad that my mom and dad are here to give Tuck some extra attention. He's pretty much in heaven right now anyway.

I am feeling much better this time while recovering. I'm not as sad, not as big of an adjustment and my body is healing good too I think. This kid doesn't cry 24/7 for no apparent reason and has no major diaper rash and lets me sleep a few hours every night and hasn't turned me into a nervous wreck. And he's pretty cute.





enjoying his first bath. the nurses there were so so nice and helpful.










Papa and his baby.








fine head of hair


Peed on his doc. She came in to show us what he thought of being treated that way. She is really nice.


Tuck showing his brother his new Thomas train.


mommy and tuck tuck




reading about thomas






my two babies


all of a sudden tuck seems so huge!






I love these two smiles so much.


Nani got here on Saturday just in time to go home with us.




so tiny in his car seat.


love

7 comments:

  1. oh man you really got me going there beck. tears are flowing, just so you know! Some of us are still pregnant and hormonal over here so take it easy on all the CUTE pictures. that little baby just looks so perfect and can't wait to meet him. And I love the pic of you and Tuck Tuck when he got to the hospital and gave you a big hug. OHHHH so sweet. So glad everything has worked out so well and that Baby David is being good to you. And he does have one fine head of hair. Such a beautiful family of 4. Love you guys! miss you. Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He looks like a perfect baby! So excited for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you, Doug and Tucker. we are so happy everything went well and now you have another bundle of joy. I hope we can meet David soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats once again!!! He is so adorable and I am so glad things are going well for you. I was hoping that this one would be easier for you and not be like little Tuck was initially. This time you get to enjoy just having a really easy baby to snuggle and love. :-) Love all the pics. You guys always take the most adorable pictures that express so much of what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to what Cassie said. Good work! My favorite picture is the solo one of Little David laying with his head to the side, right after the pics of him and Tuck together....such a precious pic!! So happy he is being good for you and you are able to enjoy your little newborn! We better be seeing you next month and meeting baby Dave, whether its in Cali or NY! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All awesome pictures! I can't decide which one my favorite! I'm so happy that he is here and you are all doing so great-especially that tuck loves him and he is such a good baby! Doesn't get much better! So happy for u and so sad we don't get to be there. Im really hoping ny works out! Loved the birth story! So glad u made it in time and didn't have to use your shoelace! Good luck mama! Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cutie! I'm glad you got there in time. Only half an hour? Sheesh. Good thing you didn't get stopped on the way by a cop. Ha ha. That would've been a story.
    Congrats. You have a perfect family.

    ReplyDelete