Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lilikoi Birthday Hike

Becca was there in the morning with balloons and chocolate and breakfast. How's that for the most awesome babysitter in the world.















For my birthday I wished that we would hike up and searched for lilikoi's, finally, since we've been talking about it for a month. We were not disappointed. Although we did get attacked by mosquitos and Doug did have to climb a very high tree standing on vines to get these delicious fruits on the tippy tippy top. Found out that a lilikoi will keep Tucker quite and busy for a hike, a car ride, and any number of activities where you need to be still. Which reminds me, we still have a few left in the fridge waiting to be finished off.

On the way home from the hike walking back to the car we saw one of the kids from our scout pack walking home with his mom from the activity we were supposed to be at but we skipped. I really do feel blessed to have such an awesome ward and so many awesome people around us.

2 comments:

  1. He's seriously too cute. Can't take it. Really loved this post a lot. And it made me sad too. B/c these are all the little things I should know about him but I don't bc you live too far away :(. I love how he can palm that enormous ball, so funny. Quinn has that same skill - do they have sticky fingers or something?? I had my hands on that same exact Air Jordan outfit the other day. Then Luke started crying so I couldn't buy it. I may have to go back and look for it so they can be twinners. Funny to see Tuck with clothes on in the first place though. haha. The shoes are so stinking cute!! Love that boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i love the pics with him just lounging with dad. he's a lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete