Friday, July 8, 2011

truffles + july 4th

Doug is a truffle making fool these days. Danny, I blame this on you. And the Truffle Shop in NC. I think there should be a truffle bake off this summer with Danny, Doug and Julia who told me she has been making them too lately. Any volunteers for judges?







Didn't get a picture, but for my birthday Doug made me the most delicious key lime truffle. Yum.

4th of July was pretty perfect. Some Waimea fun in the morning then a quick nap for Tucker and a quick trip out to the hole in the rock near the point for Doug and I. Thanks Becca and Holli for helping that happen. Then back to the beach behind our house with the thousand other people to relax and play on the swing and swim. Then off to Turtle Bay for some fireworks enjoyed by all.

From JPEG






Finished it all off with a bedtime story.



Low point of the day: somewhere along all this fun I lost my favorite necklace of all time.

3 comments:

  1. Love all these updates!! We haven't seen you guys in way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key lime truffle? That sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love tuck's red shirt. good one. and we can have a truffle off in NY when doug comes :). i'll be the judge. of all but peanut butter ones...

    ReplyDelete