Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Family Home Evening

Uncle John invited us to Family Home Evening up at Washington, a ways up. Well, we started late (which should be expected really), one or two were slightly grumpy and the sun was pretty much setting when we finally got everyone up there. And it was worth it. This new spot that I had never been to had a fun rope swing into the beautiful river water. Glad Doug pushed me to go even though it was quite cool by then. And we all left a lot happier and in better spirits then when we got there and had a great time all together. We were all starving, and when I say we I mainly mean me, so we stopped at A&W's and ordered everything on the menu. I would say this FHE gets an A+ even though we actually never did get to meet up with John :)





Which reminds me of another family outing this summer that I wish I had some pictures of. We rafted, kayaked, canoed, tubed, and snorkeled down Truckee River one afternoon. Which started out very much like FHE being a little late and a little cranky. But ended up awesome. It was so fun. The chicken pasta salad was totally delicious made by Ape. Kaity and I got the big boat with Tuck, Lily, Gio and Zeke, with occasional visits from their dads. Danny found some treasures. Em and Dave flipped over the canoe at the end but besides that we navigated like professionals. We got home and then decided on a sister outing (minus Julia who was missed) and ate Thai food and talked about first kisses and knocked over the huge vase at Safeway trying to take a picture and finished off by eating ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment